Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fried Rice

Here is the homemade fried rice recipe that I like to make with the Teriyaki Pork Roast recipe (http://kukikookbook.blogspot.com/2009/01/teriyaki-pork-roast.html). This is the perfect complement to the pork roast or to any main dish that has teriyaki in it!
-
Fried Rice
  • cooked white rice (about 2 cups)
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 small can mushrooms
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten

in a large skillet, saute the onion and mushrooms in the oil until the onions are translucent. add the rice and stir together. stir in the soy sauce and let cook for about 1-2 minutes. add the eggs and mix together until the egg is cooked through and blended into the rice mixture.

2 comments:

CamiGustin said...

Okay Valerie, you have out done us all. I thought you said that you didn't cook! Tyler is lucky. I'm not letting my husband see this blog, he'll be jealous. My favorite part is your presentation. How do you have so many cute dishes and table settings? I'm going to be on this blog a lot. I just started to get into cooking, I'm putting together a cookbook right now. So thanks for helping me! P.s. your other blog is so cute. It is fun to see all of the stuff you guys are doing. What a cute couple!

CamiGustin said...

P.s. I love the name...Kukikookbook...that is so cute!