Saturday, January 31, 2009

Banana Pancakes

Today is my husband's birthday and for breakfast I made him these banana pancakes. I got the recipe from his sister Mari and it is so good! These pancakes are really fluffy and fresh and I love them served with coconut syrup. This is a great way to start the morning! -
Banana Pancakes
  • 4 ripe bananas
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

mash the bananas with a potato masher. mix in the milk and egg. sift in the dry ingredients.

melt butter on the griddle. use about a half cup or just smaller to pour the batter on the griddle. cook the first side until bubbles start to pop on the top edges of the pancake and then flip. serve warm with coconut syrup.

2 comments:

TeriLyn said...

I found your blog off a link from Jaron's blog and I love all your recipes! I want to make these next Sunday - I would make them today, but steel cut oats are already underway. :)

Do you make coconut syrup or buy it? I've never heard of it.

VKukahiko said...

My in-laws actually brought back the coconut syrup for us from Hawaii. I'm not sure if you can get it over here on the mainland or not, so I will definitly be on the look out and let you know if I find some because it is so GOOD!